Monday, March 12, 2012

Sage Redeemed Video -- pt. 2

When we arrived in Tyler, Texas on the Friday of the first conference, I mentioned to the team that I had made the video of Heather and would be happy to make another if anyone else would like to tell their story.

Emily approached me shortly thereafter and said something to the effect of "God told me I have to tell my story." Even though it was short notice, we both thought it would be great if we could show it at the conference the next day. So that night when we got to the hotel around midnight, Emily and I got to work filming her video. We tried a couple different places, including the hotel lobby but ended up deciding that despite the horrible lighting, our hotel room was the best location. So I filmed Emily telling her redemption story and then got to work editing on my iMac set up on the desk in our room. I made it to about 3am before passing out, but luckily I don't have a lot of responsibilities on Saturday mornings during the conferences so I was able to set my computer up in the green room and get back to work. I was able to get everything finished around noon so that we could show it at our last session that day.

Even though it's not perfect, I'm pretty proud of how far it came in just a few hours. Despite the lack of sleep, I count it such a privilege to be able to help these ladies tell their stories. The Lord has been so good to us even through the hard times in our lives and I absolutely love being able to show that to the world in new and creative ways. I hope I never stop creating things that point people to the Lord.

Emily's Redemption Story:

Emily's Redemption Story from Amy Marks on Vimeo.

No comments: