Wednesday, March 7, 2012

New Camera

As I mentioned last week, I got my first DSLR camera about 3 months ago and have really enjoyed it so far. I blame my friends Matt Johnson and Emily Kiel for my new money-sucking hobby. They totally ruined me for lower quality photos and videos. I was perfectly happy with my little point and shoot camera until I saw the magic that Emily made with her camera and her insanely creative mind.

I have been interested in videography since high school but haven't pursued it a whole lot. I had a video camera for awhile and filmed a few things but didn't have very good editing software so I didn't do much with the footage. My 5th year in college I got a better computer and bought some good software (Premiere Pro CS5) to go with it, but all I had was a little Flip video camera at the time.

So fast forward to October 2011 and for the first time I have a stable, full-time job with a steady income, and the more I watched videos online by Matt and others, the more I was itching to start creating them myself. So I finally mentally allowed myself to take the plunge and did a little research on Canon cameras (both Matt and Emily shoot with Canon's so that's what I was most familiar with). After considering my options I finally settled on the Canon T3i. For several weeks I had my mind made up and was just waiting around for the right deal, which finally came on Cyber Monday (the Monday after Thanksgiving).

I haven't had as many opportunities as I would like to take photos and make videos but I have gotten to play with the camera some and really love it so far. Over the next few days I'll post a couple of videos that I made for a ministry that I work with (and love!) called Sage Girls Ministry.

No comments: