Sunday, June 29, 2008

New Friend


I've been home alone this entire week while my parents were at a conference outside of Athens. I would have been able to go with them, but I started school on Monday (more on that later). Another couple that was with them just moved here from Russia and doesn't know anyone else so they asked me to dog-sit for the week. She stayed in the apartment with me and I let her out to do her business a couple times a day and made sure she had food and water. Not too tough of a gig, and it was nice to have some company.

The dog is a Shiba Inu named Katya but I think a better name for her would be Zoolander. Why? She doesn't turn left. She's not an ambi-turner. She runs in circles all the time, but only turns right. It's like a NASCAR race, but backwards. It's pretty amusing really, and I watched her for a long time to see if she would turn left. Mostly if she needed to go left so would turn to the right and turn all the way around until she was facing the direction she needed. When we went outside she would run in circles on the end of her leash. But only turning right.

No comments: