Friday, May 23, 2008

The Start of Something New (to quote HSM)

I’ve been thinking about starting a blog for awhile now. I read other people’s blogs and think “that’s so cool, I should do that sometime.” But then again, my life doesn’t exactly scream excitement on a day-to-day basis. This summer I am spending 10 weeks in Greece taking a business class, spending time with my parents, and learning more about the culture here. I don’t know what all is in store for me yet, but I will be having plenty of adventures so I figured that if I’m going to start, there may not be a better time.

I’ve noticed that everyone either starts their blog with a strong commitment to write on a regular basis (usually followed with 3 or 4 posts and a long period of nothingness) or they start by saying that they probably won’t write very consistently, but they’ll try. I will start by saying that I really don’t know what this blog will turn into. I may write all summer and use it to communicate with my friends at home and to look back and remember this trip once I’m back in the states, or I may be too caught up in this awesome adventure that I have in front of me. Either of those options sound like a good plan to me.

No comments: